Thursday, September 17, 2015

Finally

The "Mythos Mailbox" will go on sale Saturday morning at 0600 Eastern.

First off, does "Mythos Mailbox" seem like a good name?   I've been trying to think of something amazingly clever to call it and that's about the best I've been able to come up with.  I'm definitely open to suggestions.

I'll have ten sets available for $35, Priority Mail shipping included.  The complete package will include the long-in-gestation Cthulhu artifact, a specimen bag for same, two Arkham Library bookmarks, a pair of 2" Tillinghast Field warning stickers, a set of seven different postcards (reprints of all the ones I've offered before), and..some other stuff.  I'll have pictures of everything up on Saturday.

To be honest, I'd like to have it closer to $25 in price, but the costs of short run production just won't allow that.  It's that whole boutique/big box store thing.  When you're doing runs in the triple digits cost per item drops precipitously.  When you're doing 10-20..not so much.  If you think the price is out of line don't be shy about saying so. 


4 comments:

Raven said...

"When you're doing runs in the triple digits cost per item drops precipitously."

On the other hand, to collectors, scarcity has its own value.

Knowing that you have what doesn't exist in the triple digits....

Anonymous said...

$35 is totally reasonable and well within the price set for subscription boxes, and those generally have less cool stuff.

Propnomicon said...

@ Raven

You're right, of course, but I hate artificial scarcity. If this offering goes well I'm definitely going to ramp up the numbers to get costs down.

@ Anonymous

Thanks. I doubt I can do a monthly box, but I'm totally up for quarterly. Bundling things together will help justify doing some more eclectic Mythos items.

Oneiros said...

Would like one, but unfortunately at the appointed time, I shall be nowhere near a computer. :(